A few updates…

So it’s been a while since I posted. Unfortunately not as much done as I’d like but incremental progress.

I’ve swapped the BMS for Orion BMS 2, which supports separate modules for front and rear packs. Front pack has been tested and reports cell state over the CAN bus.

The dash layout has changed with BMS gauge and Curtis gauge visible. Garmin DriveAssist with navigation, backup camera, and assorted alerts such as following distance, lane deviation, etc. Also fitted a Rockford Fosgate marine head unit with Bluetooth.

Minor bits’n’pieces are getting the 12v system back together (with Tefzel wiring because it’s easier to find that an TXL), testing the motor controller and debating throttle options, rebuilding the brake system with EBC rotors and pads, and fitting up the charge port.

BTW, the Orion BMS 72 is available at mate’s rates if anyone wants it.

Watanabe and Ecopia

Replaced the questionable 14″ wheels with correctly sized 13/14 staggered set of RS Watanabe rims with Bridgestone Ecopia NH100C tyres. All ex-Japan.

E-Stopp

Fitted up the electronic handbrake this weekend. The silver button is the handbrake switch. Still need some custom cables… Thought I could use the old ones but the actuator needs to sit too far forward and then hangs too low  for this to work. 

Also learned about Rivnuts and PlusNuts – much easier than welding nuts to thin metal in tight places, and lets the mounted part sit closer to the surface. 

Weight matters

We’ve got a lightweight fibreglass bonnet under way now. The main aim being to offset the extra kilos of the front battery pack. It’ll be interesting to see how it turns out, but if nothing else it’ll be significantly lighter than the stock steel one.

Big thanks to Carboglass for this one.